We believe that there is One God who is the Creator and Judge of the world. In the fullness of time He has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Local Strategic Mission
1. Proclaim God’s Eternal Truth:
Wholeheartedly believing the Bible and faithfully preaching Christ while offering the gospel message freely to all.
- Knowing God’s word so as to proclaim the justice and mercy of the gospel of Christ correctly and fearlessly (2 Tim 2:15; Rom 1:16-17; Gal 1:8-9; 2 Tim 4:1-6).
- Inviting everyone, regardless of belief, background or status to embrace Christ alone by faith and so to enter the one covenant community of Jesus Christ through justification by faith alone (Acts 17:30).
2. Nurture God’s Eternal Community:
Building up the church family while protecting it from corruption.
- Nurturing Christians in communities full of acceptance, sharing and self-sacrifice (Rom 14:1 – 15:13; Acts 20:35; Heb 10:24; 1 Cor 9:3-7; Eph 4:11-16).
- Striving to declare the whole counsel of God to Christ’s church rebuking her for her sin and warning against apostasy regardless of personal risk or cost (Acts 20:27-28; Ezekiel 33:7-9).
3. Honour God’s Eternal Character:
Upholding the soverignty of the triune God in everything while giving a competent defence of the faith.
- Taking seriously the sovereignty of God in the salvation of mankind in seeking to ‘feed the sheep’ and ‘raise the dead’ while always avoiding the temptation to entertain or offer false comfort in place of encouraging humble reverence toward the living God (1 Cor 2:1-5; 2 Cor 4:1-5).
- Refusing to compromise with secular thinking or unbelief but seeking to engage in faithful ways to become all things to all men so that by all possible means we may save some of them (Exod 20:3; Proverbs 1: 7; Rom 15:14; 2 Cor 5:12; 1 Cor 9:19-23).
4. Serve God’s Eternal Ends:
Serving all humbly while training workers to serve Christ.
- Being willing to suffer and serve for Christ’s sake (Acts 20:24; 2 Cor 1:3-6).
- Becoming good communicators of the gospel and supporting others in doing the same in the Church, at home, in the wide community and everywhere. (Eph 3:8; 2 Tim 2:2).
5. Lead for God’s Eternal Glory:
Submitting to Biblical leadership and order while glorifying God and resting in Him alone for outcomes.
- Willing to be accountable and facilitate the spirit of accountability to church leadership and connected Presbyterian authority structures as found in the New Testament and the Westminster Confession of Faith (1 Tim 3: 1-13; Tit 1:5-9; Acts 15: 2,6; Acts 16:4; 1 Pet 5:1-3).
- Striving to give all glory to God for everything that God by his grace and power enables us to accomplish for the cause of Christ (1 Cor 1:26-31; 10:31).