Peter Barnes | Luke 1:46-56
1 Samuel 2:1-10; Luke 1:46-56
– Bonhoeffer saw prison as like the Advent season
1. The Lord is the Saviour.
– God is mighty, holy, and merciful to His maidservant
– Rom. 5:12, 18; Christ was born to save
2. The Lord raises the humble and puts down the proud.
– 1:50-53; Hab.2:4 where pride and faith are opposed.
– Calvin: ‘it was with the greatest difficulty that I was induced to confess that I had all my life long been in ignorance and error’.
– Dan.4:28-35; Eph.3:8
3. The Lord fulfils His promises.
– 1:54-55; Gen.22:16-18; 2 Cor.1:20
– See the tender Lamb appears/ Promised from eternal years.