Peter Barnes | Mark 10:26, 27
Impossible with Men, Possible with God
Psalm 130; Mark 10:17-27
1. An astonished question.
– 10:26 – yet a better question than 10:17
2. Salvation is impossible with man.
(a) Sinful man is unable to be perfect.
– Rom.3:20; 7:7-10; all of Matthew 5 culminates in Matt.5:48
(b) God will not accept imperfection.
– Ex.33:20; Deut.27:26; Rev.21:27
3. Salvation is possible with God.
– 10:27b; see 2 Chron.33:1-17; Luke 7:37-38, 47-48; 23:39-43; Acts 13:38-39; 1 Cor.2:14
(a) We need to live totally righteous lives – only Christ has done that.
(b) The penalty for sin needs to be paid – only Christ has done that.
(c) Death needs to be defeated – only Christ has done that.
I take God at His word and deed:
‘Christ died to save me’, this I read;
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Saviour.