Peter Barnes | Song of Songs 7:1-8:14
(Song of Songs 7:1-8:14)
G. K. Chesterton: ‘The first two facts which a healthy boy or girl feels about sex are these: first that it is beautiful and then that it is dangerous.’
1. Sexual desire in its place is good.
– 7:1-9 is his praise of her; 7:10-8:3 is her response
– return to the Garden (Gen.2:24-25); for mandrakes, see Gen.30:14-16
2. Married love is enduring.
– 8:6-7; as strong as death; even Jackie Kennedy had to acknowledge this
3. Married love is pure and exclusive.
– 8:4, 8-9
– 8:10-14 – wall or door?