MAKE THE TREE GOOD FIRST
Ezekiel 37:24-32; Matthew 12:33-35
– the three images of trees, vipers, and treasure are all saying that we must be Christians before we live like Christians.
1. We need a new nature before we can live godly lives.
– 12:33, 35; see Luke 6:43-45
– John 3:3; new birth before anything else
– the unbeliever will misunderstand and misuse Galatians 5:22-23 & Matthew 7:12
2. The Pharisees could not live rightly before God.
– 12:34-35; the Pharisees had a viper-like nature
3. The mouth reveals the heart.
– the tree has to be made good; the fangs from the viper removed; the treasure made good treasure
– only a Christian can be a Christian