Peter Barnes | Romans 10:9-10
WHO IS SAVED?
– Modern evangelicalism invariably begins with Jesus as Saviour, contrary to Acts and to Romans 10:9-10
1. Believing and confessing Jesus as Lord.
– 2 Cor.4:5; Acts 16:30-31; Luke 6:46
– Jesus is your Lord before He is anything else
2. Looking to the resurrection of Jesus.
– Acts 2:25-28; 17:18, 31; 26:23
– Heb.7:25 sets Jesus apart from every other priest, guru, or prophet
3. Believing and confessing.
– Heart and mouth go together (Luke 12:8-9); Ambrose of Milan refers to the ‘twin trumpets’ of heart and mouth
– Calvin: ‘let us note that the seat of faith is not in the head but in the heart. I am not going to argue about the part of the body in which faith is located, but since the word heart generally means a serious and sincere affection, I maintain that faith is a firm and effectual confidence, and not just a bare idea.’
– here is a word of assurance