Peter Barnes | Acts 20:17-21
THE LIFE AND DOCTRINE OF THE APOSTLE
Ezekiel 3:16-27; Acts 20:17-38
– spoken to elders from Ephesus
1. The Church is to be governed by elders/overseers.
– 20:17; note elders in Acts 11:30; 14:23; 15:4, 6
– elders are called overseers in Acts 20:28; like Tit.1:5, 7; two offices in the church in Phil.1:1
2. How Paul lived out the gospel.
(a) He served the Lord with all humility.
(b) He served the Lord whole-heartedly, with tears. Rom.9:2-3; 2 Cor.2:4.
(c) He faced intense opposition. Acts 19:8-9; 1 Cor.15:32; 2 Cor.1:8-10.
(d) He told them all that would be helpful. Acts 20:27.
(e) He taught publicly and privately.
3. The gospel Paul preached.
– 20:21 – repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus