Peter Barnes | Leviticus 23:23-25
THE FEAST OF TRUMPETS (Leviticus 23:23-25)
Lev.23:23-25 & Num. 29:1-6; Rev. 8:1-13; 11:15-18
– Lev.23 lists the weekly Sabbath plus seven annual feasts. We are looking to see Christ in them (Col.2:16-17). Why were the trumpets sounded?
1. They called the people to heed God’s Word.
– for the law (Ex.19:19)
– to awaken worship (Ps.81:3-4); Robert Flockhart, the street preacher in Edinburgh from 1813 to a little before his death in 1857, looked to Isa.58:1
– Rev.8-11 – the seven trumpets.
2. They announced the coming of grace.
– for the coming Messiah in Isa.27:13; Zech.9:14, 16-17
3. They announced God’s victory.
– Matt.24:31; 1 Thess.4:16; 1 Cor.15:52
– the trumpets still sound!