Peter Barnes | Daniel 10:10-11:4
ANGELS IN HISTORY
Daniel 10:10-11:4; Luke 16:19-31
– there is a spiritual war (Ephesians 6:12)
1. There is a conflict between angels.
– Dan.10:10-14, 20-21; a little like C. S. Lewis’ Chronicles of Narnia
– 1 Cor.10:20; Rev.12:7-10; hence 1 Kings 22:20-23
– far more goes on in the spirit world than we are aware of.
2. Both unfallen and fallen angels work on us.
– the angels are at the worship service (1 Cor.11:10); they have access to God regarding children (Matt.18:10)
– But the fallen angels seek to lead us away from God (Gen.3:1, 4; Eph.2:1-2; see Luke 8:12)
3. Angels are agents in judgment and in salvation.
– in judgment in Matt.13:49-51; 25:31; 2 Thess.1:7-8; see 1 Tim.5:21
– Luke 16:22; for the big picture see Heb.12:22-24
– D. L. Moody: ‘When the press boys call, “Moody is dead,” don’t believe it. At that time I shall live more than ever.’