Peter Barnes | Hosea 14:1-9
GRACE FREELY OFFERED
Hosea 14:1-9; 1 Timothy 1:1-17
God almost uses the invitation system!
1. God calls on us to return to Him.
– 14:1-2; He tells us what to say!
– 14:3; no compassion in idolatry; repent (1 John 1:9) and offer the sacrifice of a changed life (Heb.13:15-16)
2. God promises to heal and bless all who repent.
– 14:4-8; there is life and blessing here, the reverse of Hosea 13:15
– this is the Old Testament equivalent of the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15)
3. The seriousness of what is before us.
– 14:9; see Matt.7:13-14, 24-27
– God has His arms wide open