Peter Barnes | Romans 1:19-20
KNOWING THE CREATOR THROUGH THE CREATION
– ‘This is my Father’s world’ (Maltbie Babcock); hence Psalm 104
1. The creation reveals the creator.
– a watch reveals a watchmaker (William Paley)
– Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris see no design in the universe, but see Gen.8:22; Ps.19:1-6
– God gave His Word to the Jews (Ps.147:19-20), but the Gentiles have nature (as do the Jews)
2. Through the creation, we should see His eternal power and divinity.
– also Rom.2:14-15
3. This does not save us, but leaves us without excuse.
– Charles Darwin acknowledged that the evolution of the eye seemed ‘absurd in the highest degree’.
– Job 38:3-11; Matt.6:28-30; Rev.4:11; Ps.139:14
– Richard Dawkins even suggests that extra-terrestrial beings (but not God!) may have begun civilisation on earth!!!!
– the revelation is clear, but sinners are blind.