Peter Barnes | Ezekiel 47:1-12
Ezekiel 47:1-12; Rev. 21:22-22:5
– Rev.40-48 deal with a new city of Jerusalem and a new temple. This is apocalyptic, pointing to Rev.21:22.
1. Grace begins with sacrifice for sin.
– 47:1-2; the temple with its sacrifices points to the one true sacrifice of Christ
– Rom.3:25-26; 5:1
– Joel 3:18; Zech.14:8-9; John 4:13-14; 7:37-39; Rev.22:1-2
2. Grace is abundant.
– 47:3-5; abounding in Ps.103:8; 1 Peter 1:2; Rom.5:20
3. Grace brings life, fruitfulness and healing.
(a) life. The Dead Sea is naturally ‘dead’, with chemical deposits making up about 25% of the water. See John 5:24.
(b) fruitfulness. See John 15:8
(c) healing. Note Rev.22:1-2. This is free (Rev.22:17).
See the streams of living waters (John Newton).